Careers at Polaris
We Are Hiring!
Polaris Sensor Technologies has an international reputation developed through a collaborative team of creative individuals developing novel optical systems. If you are looking for opportunities to develop hardware, software, and develop technology cradle to grave please send us a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will know the right person when we meet them! We continually seek various skills sets to support and manage novel optical system developments for commercial and military detection and tracking systems. Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and able to obtain a security clearance upon demonstrated need. Bachelor or a higher degree in Engineering, Mathamatics, Computer Science, Physics, or a specialized skillset will be considered. Relevant experience required.
If you have experience with optics, imagers, trackers, displays, interfaces, electronics, design and development, optical systems, research, targets, surveillance, automatic target acquisition, noise reduction, and calibration we want to meet you. We may have many short duration and long term opportunities. We are expanding our research interests developing our commercial applications.
Polaris Sensor Technologies Inc. is a small business, housed downtown in a highly walkable urban setting in a research and development environment that creates prototypes in as short as 12 to 24 months. For most of these positions, the employment location is Huntsville, Alabama, and a generous benefits package is offered.
Our team uses these tools:
Solidworks, Python, Matlab, Visual Studio, .Net, C# (CSharp), C++
Embedded programming, microcontroller, DSP
FPGA Verilog, VHDL, Mathamatica
Do you know someone that seeks a change? Send great people this address email@example.com
Embedded Electrical Engineers
Polaris Sensor Technologies, Inc., conceives, develops, and validates circuits for new products in the field of electro-optic and imaging systems. Be on the front end, from the early development stage to Low-Rate Initial Production (LRIP). Our projects require cross-disciplined knowledge of circuit designs, connectors, components, shielding, etc. to help assure successful integration into platforms like UAS, UGVs, Surveillance Systems, Seekers and Imagers.
We are seeking candidate with broad background in electrical and software engineering, sensor hardware development, and PNT (Position, Navigation, and Timing) technologies.
- Languages: C/C++/C#, Matlab, Verilog/VHDL
- Tools: MS Visual Studio, Altera Quartus/Nios, Eclipse, Matlab/Python
- Operating Systems: MS Windows, RedHat/Ubuntu/Embedded Linux
- Hardware: FPGAs, System on Chip, ARM processors, imaging sensors, memory, communications interfaces
Role: Perform system architecture development, image processing algorithm design, electronics design, FPGA firmware development, and host and embedded software development
- Collect and analyze data to develop proposed hardware and algorithmic solutions
- Prototype algorithms in Matlab, Python, or other high-level language
- Optimize electronics and algorithm design for size and speed
- Lead or support development of electronics assemblies, including electronics circuit design, and printed circuit board layout and design
- Perform electronics hardware integration and debug
- Support field test planning and execution
- Support sensor integration into larger systems
- Support product transition to manufacturing
Electrical Engineer with Manufacturing Experience
Candidates should have demonstrated success from concept through test and have demonstrated the capability to• work as part of a highly motivated team.
Help us transition our limited runs of production to manufacturing partners
• review and improve designs for manufacturability,
• shepherd products through successful mil-spec testing,
• contribute to the software development (C language variants a plus), and user experience
• contribute to the mechanical effort, to achieve the best SWAP-C while maintaining outstanding performance
• provide leadership in locating and working with production, and
• identify and transition products to third-party production for limited runs of production
Image Processing Algorithm Developers
Join a multi-disciplinary team working on the development of integration of novel sensors onto platforms. Product life cycles run from preliminary conceptual design to established implementation and testing. Our systems, which may include polarimeters, multi-spectral sensors and systems with advanced tracking algorithms, collect real-time imagery resulting in vast amounts of data. We are seeking an Image Processing Algorithm Developer to optimize our software’s ability to reduce the data, perform 3D rendering with little or no registration marks, removal of high fidelity distortion, and use software analysis for both laboratory and field test data. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in image processing (advanced knowledge is considered a plus).
We seek to optimize our software to use cues, features, landmarks, and learn to identify regions of interest in real-time. Solid background in computer science and mathematics is required. Strong theoretical and practical foundation in problem-solving, image processing, image enhancement, and pattern recognition are needed. Have the capability and desire to learn new software techniques and mathematical algorithms.
Must work independently with self-driven organizational skills yet possess strong cross-functional teamwork attributes. Interfacing will be required between hardware and software engineers and management, as well as possible interaction with customers and/or vendors.
Software experience with any of the following is desirable: Python, C, C++, Matlab
- Artificial intelligence
- Neural networks
- Digital image processing
- Hardware implementation of algorithms for real-time processing
- Infrared experience (a plus)
New-Product Electrical Engineers
Polaris Sensor Technologies, Inc., conceives, develops, and validates technologies for new products in the field of electro-optics. Bringing these technologies from the early development stage to Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) requires knowledge of circuit designs, connectors, components, shielding, etc. to help assure successful EMI/EMC and other rigorous third-party testing.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated capability in communication bus architectures (e.g., CAN, RS232, RS485, etc.), microcontrollers, microprocessors, FPGAs, and memory chips. Circuit design for optical/infrared detectors is a plus. The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated capability to
- work as part of a highly motivated team,
- design for manufacturability,
- shepherd products through successful mil-spec testing,
- contribute to the software development (C language variants a plus),
- contribute to the mechanical effort,
- provide leadership in locating and working with production, and
- identify and transition products to third-party production for limited runs of production.
Business Developers/Program Leaders
Polaris Sensor Technologies is pleased to offer an opportunity lead a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team. With patents, license agreements, products and an excellent staff, our company is growing. We are developing application spaces in differing market segments. We seek individuals that can support new endeavors. Product life cycles run from conceptual design to integration into platforms. The successful individual will specifically contribute to our military and commercialization efforts.
Polaris Sensor Technologies is looking for talented individuals with business and optical science backgrounds. We seek to develop opportunities for our creative staff by transitioning our technologies and products into the marketplace. Leaders with a self motivated, entrepreneurial spirit and a proven track record for building business opportunities are candidates to expand our team. In these key positions, you will work closely with innovation teams to implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow revenue for the company.
- Expansion in new markets and continued expansion among existing clients.
- Identify and help develop strategic relationships with partners or potential customers.
- Creating, negotiating, and closing commercial agreements.
- Developing applications of novel technologies.