Embedded Software Engineer
Polaris Sensor Technologies builds novel optical sensing systems and seeks engineers who thrive in a fast-paced development environment to join our team. Polaris’s multi-disciplinary teams support customers from concept to delivery, performing prototyping, design, build, and integration. Our culture of innovation and teamwork provides a dynamic and collaborative environment where motivated individuals contribute to projects in sensing, detection and tracking, oil and gas, and basic research business areas.
Polaris Sensor Technologies is seeking an enthusiastic and adaptable Embedded Software Engineer to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to develop software solutions for advanced electro-optical and IR camera systems. The engineer should have experience with programming in C++ on Windows or Linux. Familiarity with software to control hardware devices and peripherals is required. This position will work as part of a team to develop applications and software libraries for new optical sensing products, with a focus on development of embedded software for camera and peripheral controls, development of embedded Linux applications, and development of SDKs for our optical sensor products.
This position is a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama. Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and able to obtain a security clearance upon demonstrated need.
• Develop software and control libraries for control of electro-optical systems
• Integrate software with camera and electronics subsystems
• Collaborate with electrical, optical, and mechanical engineering counterparts
Education and Experience Required
• 3 to 10 years of recent coding and software design
Basic Qualifications Required
• Embedded programming in C++
• Software/hardware interface and control
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
• Real-time processing
• Nvidia Jetson or other embedded GPU programming
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama.