Senior Software Engineer
Polaris Sensor Technologies builds novel optical sensing systems and seeks engineers who thrive in a fast-paced development environment to join our team. Polaris’s multi-disciplinary teams support customers from concept to delivery, performing prototyping, design, build, and integration. Our culture of innovation and teamwork provides a dynamic and collaborative environment where motivated individuals contribute to projects in sensing, detection and tracking, oil and gas, and basic research business areas.
Polaris Sensor Technologies is seeking an enthusiastic and adaptable Senior-Level Software Engineer to lead a multidisciplinary team to develop software solutions for advanced electro-optical and IR camera systems. The engineer should have the initiative and creativity to find innovative solutions and multitask among projects. Candidates should possess applicable skills from multiple programming disciplines among C/C++ programming on Windows or Linux, embedded systems programming, and GPU programming.
This position is a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama. Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and able to obtain a security clearance upon demonstrated need.
• Lead software development effort for new optical sensing systems
• Participate in development of applications and control libraries for electro-optical systems
• Troubleshoot and resolve software issues
• Collaborate with electrical, optical, and mechanical engineering counterparts
Education and Experience Required
• 10+ years of recent coding and software design
Basic Qualifications Required
• Windows and Linux programming in C++
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
• Real-time processing
• Software/hardware interface and control
• Embedded systems programming
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama.