User Interface Software Engineer
Polaris Sensor Technologies builds novel optical sensing systems and seeks engineers who thrive in a fast-paced development environment to join our team. Polaris’s multi-disciplinary teams support customers from concept to delivery, performing prototyping, design, build, and integration. Our culture of innovation and teamwork provides a dynamic and collaborative environment where motivated individuals contribute to projects in sensing, detection and tracking, oil and gas, and basic research business areas.
Polaris Sensor Technologies is seeking a software engineer to play an integral role in the evolution of our software products through development of modern user interfaces. The new UI framework is intended to support a variety of optical sensors that stream video and produce numerical data used in analytical testing scenarios. The engineer will work to implement new user interface frameworks using MVVM methodology to display streaming video from optical sensors, provide sensor configuration interface components, and create innovative data visualization controls for processed numerical data.
This position is a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama. Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and able to obtain a security clearance upon demonstrated need.
• Collaborate with software engineering counterparts
• Develop UI framework and interface guidelines for sensor software developers
• Develop UI components to provide intuitive representation of numerical data for analysis
• Maintain and enhance the UI framework and components to support future projects
• Troubleshoot and resolve sensor software/user interface integration issues
Education and Experience Required
• Experience developing Windows applications using WPF
• Experience developing using MVVM UI frameworks such as Avalonia
Basic Qualifications Required
• Windows and Linux programming in C++ or C#
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
• Video display
• Cross platform development
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama.