Polaris Sensor Technologies is seeking an Aero-Optics Engineer to support multiple efforts in analyzing aero-optical effects in hypersonic environments. We are seeking self-motivated candidates with experience and capability in the areas listed below. This position involves interaction with team members and requires experience with optical analysis, including a solid physical optics as well as geometrical optics understanding. A successful applicant is eager to learn and is able to clearly communicate and document their work.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama. Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience. Polaris offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance and 401k.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and must be able to obtain a security clearance upon demonstrated need.
- Use software M&S tools to predict and analyze aero-optical effects
- Support aero-optical test planning activities at wind tunnel facilities
- Analyze data from custom as well as commercial instrumentation installed at wind tunnel facilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues independently
- Develop comprehensive and detailed reports
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Disciplined approach to laboratory work with strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Optical Science, Optical Engineering, Physics, or a related technical area
- 3-8 years demonstrated experience in a technical field
- Fourier optics optical design software (Zemax)
- Planning and/or performing optical laboratory tests