Polaris Sensor Technologies is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable engineer or scientist for adding Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) to our state-of-the-art optical systems. Taking the image output of our novel sensor systems, a successful applicant will enhance performance of image processing, object detection, image quality improvement, automated analysis, image segmentation, and exploitation through the use of AI/ML algorithms and approaches. The engineer should have the initiative and creativity to find innovative solutions and multitask among projects. Candidates should possess experience with supervised and unsupervised approaches such as YOLO, CNN, clustering (k-nearest neighbor, DBSCAN, Dirichlet, etc.), autocorrelations, and deep learning methods (DNNs, CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, etc.).
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama. Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience. Polaris offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance and 401k.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and must be able to obtain a security clearance upon demonstrated need.
- Work with scientists and engineers during and after field tests to collect optimal data sets and perform analysis
- Develop and utilize AI/ML algorithms that exploit Polaris’s sensor technologies for a variety of applications
- Algorithm development, GPU acceleration, global and local optimization of complex and fused data, adversarial ML, network architecture and computability
- Fully mature algorithms for integration into Polaris’s technologies including development from concept to product
- Collaborate with electrical, optical, and mechanical engineering counterparts for systems level solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Optical Science, Optical
- Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical area.
- Experience in image processing and data analysis
- Experience in AI/ML
- Windows and Linux programming in C++
- MATLAB or Python
- Real-time processing
- Software/hardware interface and control