Polaris is seeking an Optical Technician to support our growing team in Huntsville, Alabama. The position includes work involving electro-optics, lasers, and sensors ranging from the visible to long-wave infrared in the laboratory and field test environments.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama. Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience. Polaris offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance and 401k.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and must be able to obtain a security clearance upon demonstrated need.
- Integrate electro-optic and IR (EO/IR) optical system hardware. Install, manage, and run data acquisition and calibration software for system operation
- Determine the performance, capabilities, limitations, and problems associated with optical and electro-optical sensors; new and emerging optical, metrology, polarization, and infrared technologies systems
- Develop and execute system calibration procedures for EO/IR systems in laboratory and field settings
- Develop and implement field tests through planning, execution, and reporting
- Operate various pieces of test and support equipment to include power supplies, multimeters, video cameras, and data acquisition systems used in testing military weapon systems
- Take ownership and support optical testing in lab and field environments
- Support equipment inventory and maintenance
- 5-10 years of experience. Prefer previous experience in a lab and field environment researching and/or testing different military weapons systems, optical, and sensor types
- Willing and able to work outdoors
- Both mechanically as well as electrically inclined
- Possess computer skills such as Microsoft Office