Polaris Sensor Technologies is seeking a self-motivated engineer with skills in modeling and simulation, image processing, and data analysis to help us better understand aero-optical effects at hypersonic velocities. A successful applicant is able to work well in teams, is eager to learn, and is able to clearly communicate and document their work.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama. Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience. Polaris offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance and 401k.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and must be able to obtain a security clearance upon demonstrated need.
- Model and simulate physical phenomena in optical systems
- Use software tools to evaluate imaging systems, preferably MATLAB and Zemax
- Perform data analysis on imagery to understand the impact of physical phenomena
- Develop image processing algorithms for and analyze data from electro-optical systems
- Document work and write detailed reports
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of physical optics, geometrical optics, Fourier optics, and image and signal processing
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Optical Science, Optical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related technical area
- 5 years minimum demonstrated experience in a technical field