Polaris Sensor Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer to play an integral role in the evolution of our software products through development of modern user interfaces. The new UI framework is intended to support a variety of optical sensors that stream video and produce numerical data used in analytical testing scenarios. The engineer will work to implement new user interface frameworks using MVVM methodology to display streaming video from optical sensors, provide sensor configuration interface components, and create innovative data visualization controls for processed numerical data.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) in Huntsville, Alabama. Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience. Polaris offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance and 401k.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and must be able to obtain a security clearance upon demonstrated need.
- Collaborate with software engineering counterparts
- Develop UI framework and interface guidelines for sensor software developers
- Develop UI components to provide intuitive representation of numerical data for analysis
- Maintain and enhance the UI framework and components to support future projects
- Troubleshoot and resolve sensor software/user interface integration issues
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience developing Windows applications using WPF
- Experience developing using MVVM UI frameworks such as Avalonia
- Windows and Linux programming in C++ or C#
- Video display
- Cross-platform development